Celebrated on the Tuesday following U.S. Thanksgiving, and fueled by the power of social media and collaboration, GivingTuesday inspires millions of people across the globe to show up and give back to causes and issues that matter to them. The goal is to create a massive wave of generosity that lasts well beyond that day, and touches every person on the planet. GivingTuesday takes place on December 1, 2020 this year.
The Giving Tuesday project started in the U.S. in 2012 and has spread to over 100 nations across the world! > Learn more here
In 2015, #YorkCountySCGives was created and was the first officially recognized community campaign in the state of South Carolina by the #GivingTuesday team in New York. York County Gives is an initiative that partners local nonprofits, foundations, civic groups, businesses and governments to encourage generosity in our city.
The founding partners of #YorkCountySCGives represent nonprofit organizations, local government, civic-minded businesses and individuals interested in making a local impact through #GivingTuesday.
York County Volunteer of the Year Award
1. Nominating organization MUST be a registered nonprofit and in good standing with the state of South Carolina. In addition, the nominating organization MUST serve the residents of York County.
2. An organization may nominate ONE volunteer. Please remember that the information and photo of the nominee will be shared on our YCSCGives Facebook Page during and after the contest period.
3. All nominations are due no later than Tuesday, November 10.
4. Nominee entries will be posted to the YCSCGives Facebook page on Friday, November 13. Only completed entries will be included in the contest. Nominations will be added in the order they were received. First-come, first-served.
5. Nominating organizations are encouraged to re-post and share the Facebook entry of their nominee. The more your supporters share your nominee's post entry, the better chances you have of winning! You may add personal notes but will not be allowed to alter the nominee entry post.
6. The nominee entry with the most LIKES by 11:59pm EST on #GivingTuesday, December 1st will be declared the winner. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, December 2 on Facebook LIVE. In the event of a tie, a run-off campaign will be held.
7. The winning nominee will be presented with the York County Volunteer of the Year Award and the nominating organization will receive a $500 contribution from our campaign sponsor: Morton & Gettys Attorneys at Law in Rock Hill.
8. The award and check presentation will be scheduled in person at a mutually convenient date and time.
9. Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Please use the following hashtags when posting: #GivingTuesday #YCSCGives